Darwin House, Crowborough
An assisted living retirement home in East Sussex
New residents welcome
Book your visit today: 01892 653653
Welcome to Darwin House
Darwin House is an assisted living retirement home for older people, situated in the lovely town of Crowborough, East Sussex. It is on the borders of Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
We are a friendly home and if you choose to live with us, you can enjoy life in the comfort of your own private room or join other residents for companionship at coffee, meals and activities There are nine en-suite rooms with easy level access showers.
Our housekeepers cook two nutritious hot meals a day, which are served in the dining room. They provide ingredients for breakfast allowing residents the freedom to start the day at leisure in their rooms.
Our Housekeepers have considerable experience between them and go that extra mile for which residents are extremely grateful.
In 2022, for the third time in a row, our housekeepers achieved the top food hygiene rating of 5. We are also very proud to have achieved the Abbeyfield Core Standard award of excellence and are working towards achieving the forthcoming Quality Standard.
Facilities and Local Amenities
Darwin House has attractive gardens, a patio, a seating area and a car park.
The home is conveniently situated close to a medical centre, including a pharmacy and dentist. The mainline railway station, bus stop, mini-market and a local park are all within walking distance.
You can rest assured that all precautions are being taken for Covid 19. Our housekeepers are regularly tested and all visitors wear masks, sanitize their hands and provide negative covid19 test results.
Our prices are very competitive in comparison with other retirement homes, and include all services. Prices vary according to room size, so please phone 01892 653 653 for further information and availability.
Choose Darwin House because:
- we are a friendly home with 9 en-suite rooms, which you can furnish to your own tastes.
- our prices include all services. Many other homes charge extra.
- our rooms and public areas have wifi, enabling you to browse online or chat with friends and family.
- we have a dedicated, live-in Housekeeper.
- we offer assisted living with help and support when you need it.
- you can enjoy delicious home-cooked meals including fresh vegetables and puddings.
- Darwin House offers a safe environment with entry system and a 24 hour emergency helpline.
- we are conveniently placed with local amenities on the doorstep. Many homes do not have such luxury!
If you are looking for short-term accommodation, we also cater for respite.
If you currently have a care package, you are welcome to bring it with you.
The surrounding area
If you wish to travel a bit further afield for shopping or meet with a friend, Tunbridge Wells and Uckfield are not far away. We are also very conveniently placed for the countryside, including Ashdown Forest.